PLACING A DEPOSIT ON A PUPPY
To place a $200, non refundable, deposit on a puppy go to The Health Guarantee page. Fill out the form. Click on the line right under the box for the Puppy’s Birth date, it’s in white letters and reads ” Click Here to Read Our Terms“. Please read the entire Health Guarantee/Contract Page, before considering purchasing a puppy. Once you submit the Purchase form you have agreed to the terms of our contract! Place the number 1 in the quantity box, unless you are purchasing more then one puppy, when you click submit you will automatically be taken to the Pay Pal web site to complete the transaction.
Deposits are non refundable! If you cancel your puppy you will loose your deposit. ALL AUSSIEDOODLES and COCKAPOOS have docked tails, no exceptions. Please plan ahead on pick-up, directions and payments.
We are now taking deposits and final payments with the fast, convenient, secure Pay Pal. We hope you will find this an easy way to send payments for your puppy. It can all be done online, no need to go anywhere. There is no service charge on deposits placed using Paypal, but if used for final payment, a 3% service charge will be applied. Paypal is very safe, and secure…it actually protects you in every way!**We do not accept personal checks as final payment for your dog.** Please check with us if you would like to send a check early, or bring a bank check for final payment.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS AS FINAL PAYMENT FOR YOUR PUPPY. PLEASE BRING CASH, OR A BANK CHECK, OR ASK FOR A PAYPAL INVOICE TO BE SENT TO YOU PRIOR TO YOUR PICKING UP YOUR PUPPY!
A word about the letters at the beginning of each bio on a puppy. The letters indicate who the parents are, what color the puppy is, and if it is a male or female, the number tells me which puppy it is in the litter. Please use the letter code when asking about a puppy as it tells me exactly which puppy you are inquiring about! If the code ends in “M” the puppy is a male; if it ends in “F” it is a female!
A word about predicted sizes. These are predictions based on past puppies from the same parents, the sizes of the parents, and grandparents if it applies. These predictions are my BEST GUESS, not a promise….please do not hold us to our guess! Predicting adult size is not a science…it’s a GUESS!
We raise 4 sizes of Aussiedoodles:
1) Toy size stands 13 inches to 15 inches @ the shoulder, weighing 10 to 20 pounds.
2) Miniature size stands 15 inches to 17 inches @ the shoulder, weighing 20 to 30 pounds.
3) Moyen size stands 17 inches to 19 inches @ the shoulder, weighing 3o to 40 pounds.
4) Standard size stands anything over 19 inches @ the shoulder, weighing over 40 pounds.
Shepadoodles and German Shepaussiedoodles are full size standards….averages 20 inches to 24 inches @ the shoulder, weighing 50 pounds give or take…they can mature up to 27 inches weighing 95 pounds!
A word about deposits. We require a $200 non-refundable deposit to hold any puppy. The deposit must be made using Pay Pal. If you change your mind you are not going to get a refund!
Should the puppy you have placed a deposit on dies…we will do a refund via PayPal….or allow you to put your deposit on a different puppy. The deposit comes off the total of the purchase price.
Health Record Time Table
This is the protocol we follow for every puppy. Your puppy will have received everything below before he/she comes to your home. Miniature, Moyen, and Standard puppies will be released at age 9 weeks. Depending on how well they are doing the Toys will be released @ 9 to 10 weeks of age. No puppies will leave our kennel before 9 weeks of age!
2 weeks: Pyrantel Pamoate (hookworm, roundworm)
3 weeks: 10 days Albon
4 weeks: Pyrantel Pamoate (hookworm, roundworm)
5 weeks: Bordetella vaccine (by Nobivac Oral Bb)
6 weeks: 5-Way (Canine Distemper, Adenovirus type 2, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus vaccine by VANGUARD PLUS), Revolution (heartworm, flea, tick, ear mite)
7 weeks: 5 days Panacur (giardia, hookworm, roundworm)
8 ½ weeks: 3 days Ponazuril (coccidiosis)
9 weeks: 5-Way (Canine Distemper, Adenovirus type 2, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus vaccine by VANGUARD PLUS)
ALL MEDICATIONS/VACCINES ARE FOR PREVENTATIVE MEASURES ON THIS FORM.Puppies need 4 vaccines to be fully protected at 6, 9, 12, 16 weeks of age followed by a rabies vaccine after 16 weeks. Please take this health record to your first veterinary appt. This will show your vet exactly everything the puppy has had to date. The labels on this form are directly off of the vaccines that the puppy has received. Your new puppy should be started on heartworm preventative, please consult with your vet! If you have any questions please call (618)-499-2134. Thank you! -Kris & Aimee
***We follow all oral treatments with Doc Roy’s GI Synbiotic Gel***
1. Double R Doodles, Kris Robards, shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Seller“. The original purchasing party, and solely the original purchasing party, shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Buyer“.
2. The Buyer may wait to take the puppy to their vet when his/her 9 week puppy vaccine is due. If an emergency were to arise do not hesitate to get the puppy to your vet immediately!
3. The Buyer is responsible for the daily health care and maintenance of the pet, including all immunizations and examinations recommended after purchase, as well as providing necessary medication and follow-up treatments from veterinarian visits. In order for the guarantee to remain in effect you must keep receipts and records to verify that you have taken your pet to a duly licensed veterinarian for checkups and all required immunizations.
4. In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy within two years from its birth due to genetics, the Breeder shall replace the pet with another of equivalent value. With the earliest possible available puppy of the Sellers choosing.
5. If the Buyer declines the replacement puppy, then the Seller shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller from any and all further claims.
6. In the case of severe knee, elbow or hip dysplasia, the radiograph should be permanently identified in the film emulsion with: registered name and/or number, name of the veterinarian or hospital making the film, date of radiograph taken. Furthermore, the radiograph and report must meet OFA’s standard submission requirements.
7. The value of the puppy for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the puppy, and does not include shipping cost, health certificate, shipping crate or any additional prices declared by the Buyer.
8. This guarantee is non-transferable. In the event this guarantee is exercised, the registration must be returned to the Seller.
9. All puppies are sold as pets; no guarantee is made as to disposition, conformation, size, weight, color, markings or breeding ability.
10. The Seller is responsible for supplying the registration papers. Registration papers for all registered puppies will be sent by regular mail or will accompany shipped puppies but could take up to six months. Any costs to obtain new or renewal registration papers are the sole responsibility of the Buyer. If the papers are lost, the Seller will assist the Buyer in obtaining new papers at the Buyer’s expense.
11. The seller makes every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information on the website regarding the puppies they sell. This information includes, but is not limited to, breed, gender, color, date of birth, weight, and registrations.
12. In the event of any litigation in connection with this contract, both the Seller and Buyer shall each be responsible for their own attorney’s fees and costs. The venue and jurisdiction for litigation arising out of or related to this contract shall lie exclusively in Pope County, Illinois. In the event the Buyer prevails in litigation, the total awarded value shall not exceed the value of the original purchase price. Double R Doodles reserves the right to refuse the sale of any puppy, to any persons, for any breech of contract, failure to pay on time, or for failure to respond to emails, texts, or phone calls.
13. An administrative fee of $200.00 shall be retained by the Seller should the Buyer decide to cancel anytime prior to shipping. This fee is to reimburse the Seller for out-of-pocket expenses and overhead costs associated with the transaction.
14. Transportation of the puppy is arranged by third-party carriers. Occasionally there may be delays for numerous reasons including, but not limited to, weather, temperature restrictions, logistics, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. The Seller shall not be liable directly or indirectly for any delays that may cause the Buyer inconvenience or financial loss, nor shall any delay be a valid cause for cancellation.
15. The Seller disclaims any and all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
16. The Seller will not accept any returns of said puppy for any monetary refund, including but not limited to allergy, Landlord/Tenant, marital, or adjustment problems, etc. Limitations of Two year guarantee
17. The Seller defines a “two year guarantee” period, herein referred to as from the puppy’s date of birth. The dog must be in good physical condition. In the unlikely event said puppy is found to have a congenital or genetic defect that is life-threatening, a statement from a licensed DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) of buyer’s choosing confirming such an event and case is required before any action will be taken by the Seller. Seller reserves the right to an opinion by a DVM of Seller’s choosing to determine the congenital defect. If this guarantee is exercised and a replacement puppy is given then the original puppy may be kept or returned to the Seller at the Buyer’s expense. All shipping costs are paid by the Buyer. No replacement will be given if the female has been bred. All laboratory verification must be done by a licensed DVM. No replacement will be given if breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysplasia are overweight or over exercised. No replacement will be given if the registration application form has expired. Failure of the Buyer to provide a puppy with timely inoculations or regular veterinary care will void this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payment. This guarantee does not cover any of the following conditions: intestinal parasite (Coccidiosis, Giardia, Skin Mites, Mange (Sarcoptic, Demodectic or Cheyletiella), Cherry Eye, Allergies, Herniations (Inguinal, Perineal, or Diaphragmatic), Heart Murmur grades I, II or III, Patella Luxation grades I, II, or III. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including un-descended testes. All dogs must not be over exercised during their growth period. Over exercising is as follow: running with the dog or jumping the dog before it’s joints are mature enough to handle it. All the above mentioned conditions must be met or guarantees above mentioned will be void. Temperament issues are not covered under this guarantee as they can be caused by a lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization. The owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the Seller. If within two years from the date of purchase from Seller, a dog is found and certified by two duly licensed Veterinarian doctors to have congenital or hereditary disorders which adversely affect the health of the animal, and if the Seller is notified with two business days of the veterinarians determination, the Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. The Seller is not responsible for any veterinarian fees, shipping costs or any other associated costs. Seller sells pets for companion purposes only. Seller does not guarantee against low-blood sugar (Hypoglcemia), or any other non-life threatening illnesses common to puppies. This contract is not valid outside the United States.
18. If the said puppy contracts any illness that is specifically listed on the health record time table, the seller is not responsible since all necessary preventive measures have been taken in the allotted time we cared for that puppy through vaccines and meds/dewormers recorded on that puppies record. If/All puppies who have received a health certificate have been deemed healthy by a DVM and therefore in the appropriate condition to leave Double R Doodles facility. If said puppy is to receive medical attention after leaving the kennel it is up to the discretion of Double R Doodles as to what monetary value will be issued if any. Double R will not cover any traveling expenses. The client must always consult with Double R on veterinary/monetary decisions and not act without consent of Double R if they wish to be eligible for ANY monetary reimbursement. Double R will not exceed the purchased value of the puppy, not pay out of state rates and all veterinary care costs will be subject to change based on the estimated value from the type of care administered in Southern Illinois.
18. b) If the buyer takes the said puppy to the vet 7 days or more after acquiring it then Double R Doodles is not responsible for any diagnosis, treatment or diseases. The said puppy has been in the care of the owner long enough to contract any foreign contaminant in that amount of time. Therefore Double R is not responsible. If the said buyer is to slander, disrespect, or hastily make false accusations about Double R Doodles then DRD shall refuse to allow any compensation, information, or help to the said buyer due to their misconduct. The best thing to do is to contact Double R Doodles first in the event of any veterinary concern and not publicly announce your issues on social media, etc.
19. This agreement represents the total agreement between the Seller and the Buyer and no other terms or conditions shall be valid to this sale. The Buyer has read this agreement and agrees to the terms and conditions herein. I, the Purchaser of a puppy from Double R Doodles, hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this document. Further, I accept the terms and conditions of the guarantee for congenital or hereditary disorders printed in this document, and I waive and relinquish any other rights that I might otherwise have in the event of such occurrence. This agreement represents the total agreement between Double R Doodles, Kris Robards, and the buyer and no other terms or conditions shall be valid to this sale. By clicking SUBMIT you have electronically signed and agreed to the terms of this contract.
We recommend you purchase a good probiotic to feed your puppy when he/she arrives at your home. Amazon.com has the best price for an excellent choice.
Leaving home is stressful!!!!
Double R Doodles has gone to great lengths to prepare your new puppy to enter your family. We want our new buyers to understand no matter what we do here prior to shipping or sending your puppy home, the actual event is stressful for your new puppy.
When a puppy is stressed, has a change in diet, is introduced to a new environment, they tend to get loose stools to diarrhea with possible blood showing at the end of a movement. This is NORMAL …there is nothing we can do to change this from happening.
We recommend you treat your new puppy with Kaopectate up to 6 times in a 24 hour time period, for at least 2 days…if stools are loose or diarrhea is present. For puppies 5 to 10 pounds give 1 cc…puppies 10 to 15 pounds 1 1/2 cc…puppies over 15 pounds 2cc. This will most likely resolve the stool problem. Have FortaFlora on hand to feed your puppy twice a day…for as long as it takes to resolve the stress diarrhea. It may take up to 30 days!
Puppy Feeding- We feed some form of 4Health made by Diamond- Sold at Tractor Supply
The “Toy” size puppies have been raised on 4Health Puppy, it has a much smaller kibble to accommodate their little bites. Your medium to large breed puppy has been raised on 4 Health Performance, they eat what their mom’s eat. Some of our puppy’s will also start on 4Health Puppy food. When you are buying your puppy’s food, try to get 4Health Performance or 4Health Puppy. Both have almost the same % of fat and proteins. .
If you do not have a Tractor Supply store near you we recommend you research the Diamond Naturals blends. Diamond produces the 4 Health brand for Tractor Supply. There is not an exact match in the Diamond Naturals blends. We recommend a top quality food with meat as the first ingredient, no soy, corn or wheat. Do your research, make a wise decision, invest in a top quality food and you and your best friend will save in the long run!
Label from 4 Health Performance purchased @ Tractor Supply
4 health Performance Formula for Dogs is specifically formulated to meet the nutritional needs of your highly active sporting or working dog. With 30% protein and 20% fat, this energy dense formulation will help keep your active dog in ideal lean body condition while supporting the strength and stamina that active dogs need.
- No corn, no wheat, no soy
- Species-specific probiotics
- Chicken is the #1 Ingredient for great taste
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin
- Omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids for skin and coat
- Antioxidant formulation
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Ground White Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Natural Chicken Flavor, Fish Meal, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Animalis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Reuteri Fermentation Product, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.
Crude Protein (min.) 30.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 20.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 3.0%
Moisture (max.) 10.0%
Zinc (min.) 150 mg/kg
Selenium (min.) 0.3 mg/kg
Vitamin E (min.) 150 IU/kg
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min.) 3.3%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 0.5%
Glucosamine (naturally occurring)* (min.) 750 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate (naturally occurring)* (min.) 750 mg/kg
Total Microorganisms* not less than 1,000,000 CFU/lb (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus reuteri)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) 4,019 kcal/kg (376 kcal/cup).
Dog’s Weight – Daily Amount (6-12 weeks/3-4 months/5-7 months/8-12 months/Adult Dog)
5 lb. – 1-1/3 cups/1-1/4 cups/3/4 cups/2/3 cups/1/2 cups
10 lb. – 2-1/4 cups/2 cups/1-1/3 cups/1 cups/3/4 cups
20 lb. – 3-1/2 cups/3 cups/2-1/4 cups/1-3/4 cups/1-1/3 cups
30 lb. – 4-2/3 cups/4 cups/3 cups/2-1/3 cups/1-3/4 cups
40 lb. – 5-2/3 cups/5 cups/3-1/2 cups/2-3/4 cups/2 cups
60 lb. – N/A /6-1/2 cups/4-2/3 cups/3-2/3 cups/2-3/4 cups
80 lb. – N/A / N/A /5-1/2 cups/4-1/2 cups/3-1/3 cups
100 lb. – N/A / N/A / N/A /5-1/4 cups/4-1/4 cups
For pregnant or nursing adult dogs, we recommend free-choice feeding
Puppy Transportation- PLEASE follow directions and plan ahead for picking up your puppy. We are closed on Sundays.
Beginning May 14th, 2018 thru Sept. 30th 2018 we have a new schedule and rates. Due to the fact Delta has discontinued their Summer Pet Program we are forced to fly puppies with United Airlines…their rates are higher. The minimum cost to ship with United is $450 the larger the puppy the higher the cost. If the temperatures are within acceptable range 85*s or below anywhere the puppy lands, we will use Delta or American…where the standard rates will apply $350. The schedule has also changed from shipping/receiving your puppy on Friday to shipping/ARRIVING ON THURSDAY. After Sept. 30th we will go back to our regular ship day and rates. We apologize for this inconvenience and the higher rates…we are at the mercy of the airlines. Please plan ahead so you have a plan for picking up your puppy.
The cost to ship a puppy via air is $350(for Delta only, see above for 2017 summer rates). This includes an airline approved plastic crate, size appropriate for your puppy, a health certificate, air fare, and flight insurance of $1,200. We will email your flight information once we book your puppies flight. We use a professional shipper to make all the flight arrangements, we only fly puppies on Friday. When you receive the email there will be a ABW confirmation number right above your name. This number is very important…you will need it when you pick up your puppy at the air port along with a photo ID and a second ID. If you call the airlines to check on your flight, or to find out where to pick up your puppy, you will need this number.
- Delta Pet Reservations: 800-352-2746
- American Airlines: 800-227-4622
You are always welcome to pick your puppy up at Double R Doodles in S. IL. there is NO fee for picking up your puppy! We can make most day/time work. BUT no Sunday pick-up’s please. We need family/church time.
Males versus Females
Many people believe that female dogs make better pets…female preference seems to be ingrained in these people. Many people are wanting a “sweet girl” for a family pet. They don’t think that females display the alpha behaviors like “marking” and or “humping”. They believe that they are more docile and attentive and do not participate in fighting. Well folks, this is not true.
In the dog pack makeup, females usually rule the roost and determine the pecking order. The females, as a result, are more independent, stubborn, and territorial than their male counterparts. The females are much more intent upon exercising their dominance by participating in alpha behaviors such as humping. This is a reason people utilize the technical dog term of “bitch” in a negative way and it refers directly to the behaviors exhibited by the females of the dog world. Most fights will usually break out between 2 females. Males on the other hand are usually more affectionate, attentive, and more demanding of attention. They are very attached to their people. They also tend to be more steadfast, reliable, and less moody. They are more outgoing, more accepting of other pets, and are quicker to take to children. Most boys are easily motivated by food and praise and are very eager to please. However, males can be more easily distracted during training because the like to play. No mater what age he is more likely to act silly and be more puppy like than the female. Boys are fun loving until the day they die. Girls tend to be more reserved or dignified as they age.
Males do tend to get a little larger than females. Neutered males rarely exhibit the behavior of marking or humping. Once the testosterone level recedes, after neutering, most of these behaviors will disappear. Males who are neutered early (by 5 months of age) usually don’t every raise their leg to urinate.
Females will usually come to you for attention but when she has had enough she will move away. Males are always waiting for your attention and are near at hand.
Before deciding on male or female give careful thought to other animals and people in your home. A female usually only bonds with one person (generally the main caregiver) and a male tends to bond with the whole family. If you already have a dog in your family it is usually best to purchase a puppy of the opposite sex, for a second dog. Having said that, two neutered males will generally get along well with each other. Two spayed females can be “ify”!
If you do not intend to breed your dog the best thing to do is have them spayed or neutered around 5 months of age, for a male, and 6 months of age for a female. Consult your veterinarian for his/her best advice.
Due to my physical disabilities I am not able to take outside pictures. You will have to be satisfied with inside pictures. I or Aimee will update pictures one time, at around 5 to 6 weeks. These will be the final pictures you receive. Taking pictures is a VERY time consuming process to do it right, I refuse to do it any other way! Weather, available help, time, amount of litters to photograph and schedules may alter the time when you receive pictures.